Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions:

If you have further questions, please email them to [email protected]

  • Do you provide the motorcycle and helmet? Yes! We provide both!  We have three different motorcycles that we use: the Yamaha XT250, the Yamaha TW 200, and the Yamaha Virago 250. Our full face, Arai helmets are DOT and Snell certified, and cleaned thoroughly between classes.  
  • Can I bring my own motorcycle and helmet?  You are welcome to bring your own motorcycle ONLY if you are taking the BRC2, the Ultimate Bike Bonding Course, or the 3-Wheel Course, and you must provide proof of insurance and registration. We do not charge extra for you to use our training bikes. You are also welcome to bring your own helmet to any of our classes as long as it is full face, DOT certified, and 5 years old or less. 
  • What am I required to wear?  A long sleeve shirt (no rips, no holes), sturdy jeans (no rips, no holes), five finger motorcycle gloves (leather is preferred), boots or shoes that go above the ankle bone (canvas shoes are not permitted), and sunglasses or your normal eyewear. We ask that you come prepared to ride as showing up without the proper gear takes time and requires your fellow students to sit around and wait while you get it sorted out. If you arrive without the proper clothing or footwear, you may look through our bin of extras or you will be asked to purchase what you need from our neighbors at Tri-City Cycle. If neither of those options appeal to you, you are welcome to reschedule but forfeit the right to a refund. 
  • Should I bring a lunch, snacks, or drinks? You are welcome to bring a lunch with you. We have a refrigerator and a microwave, or you can visit one of the many different restaurants close by (Qdoba, Fuzzy's Taco, Subway, Carl's Jr. Wendy's, and more). We provide lots of different snacks and have an Eldorado Springs water dispenser so you can fill up a water bottle if you choose to bring one or use the cups provided. We also have coffee and hot chocolate but you are welcome to bring different beverages and snacks with you if you'd like.
  • Do I need my motorcycle permit before I take a course? Not for an endorsement course (BRC, BRC2, or 3-wheel). You only need a motorcycle permit or endorsement for our advanced classes (Basic Bike Bonding or Ultimate Bike Bonding).
  • How old do I have to be to take a class? You can be as young as 14 1/2 years old to take our classes in order to obtain a motorcycle permit. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be required to hold a motorcycle permit for one year before getting your endorsement. If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian will need to accompany you to the first day of class to sign waivers. However, your parent/legal guardian does not need to stay beyond filling out the waivers.
  • If I already have my motorcycle permit, will I be required to take the written test during class? Yes. In order to receive a completion card, you will be required to take the written test as well as the riding evaluation. 
  • What happens if I fail the written test or riding evaluation? Do I have to start all over and take the class again? Fail is an acronym that stands for First Attempt At Learning.  We understand that lots of people suffer from test anxiety or they just aren't having a good day and may not pass because of some other non-related factor. You are allowed one additional retake of the written test as well as the riding evaluation, free of charge. If at that point you are still having trouble, our RiderCoaches will recommend that you either sign up for a private lesson or take the class again. 
  • What happens once the endorsement class is over? Do I have to take any more tests at the DMV? No! Once you have successfully completed any of our endorsement courses, we will mail you a completion card that you will then take to the DMV, and they will issue you a new driver's license or permit with the 'M' endorsement on it. 
  • HELP! My completion card has expired and now the DMV won't accept it. Can Clutch issue me a new card? Unfortunately, no. You have 180 days from the date that is written on the front of your completion card to take it to the DMV. Once it expires, our hands are tied, and you will have to repeat the process all over again. 
  • Can I take a private lesson if I have never taken a class before or don't already have an endorsementYou can take a private lesson as long as you have a motorcycle permit or license OR have been through some or all of a MOST certified training course, even if you didn't complete the course or pass the class. 
  • Where should I park? During weekday classes it is perfectly fine for you to park in Tri-City Cycle's parking lot, but on weekends we ask that you park next door to the south of Tri-City Cycle at Ace's Auto Collision Experts. If you are bringing your own motorcycle, you can pull up to the entry of the range and park your bike on the driveway and walk in towards our conex and break tent. If there is a class in session, we ask you to wait patiently until there is a break in the class and our RiderCoaches are able to open the gate for you to bring your motorcycle onto the range. Do not walk onto the range during a class to observe or to speak with a RiderCoach, or student. Doing so will disrupt the class and could be dangerous to you, the other students, and the RiderCoaches.