Come Take the 3-Wheel Basic Course
If you want to learn how to ride a 3-wheel motorcycle and get your endorsement, this is the course for you. This 2-day training includes both classroom and on-range instruction giving you comfort with a 3-wheeler, Your successful completion of this course, provides you with an MSF 3-wheel completion card, that you will take to the DMV to get the "3" endorsement on your license or permit. No DMV testing is required.
What Will I Do in the 3-Wheel Basic Course?
This 2-day course (16 hours) covers:
- Cornering and cornering judgment
- Stopping quickly
- Swerving to avoid obstacles
- Turns from a stop
- Limited space maneuvers
The MSF 3-Wheel Basic RiderCourse is designed to be a low-risk, effective, and enjoyable training event for people who have little or no riding experience on 3-wheel unit.
What Are the Course Requirements?
You can use one of our brand new Can-Am Ryker or you are welcome to bring your own 3-wheel unit. If you do bring your own unit, it will need to be:
- Street legal
- Registered and insured (bring proof of both)
- In good working order (must pass a visual safety inspection by the RiderCoach)
- If you are not the bike's owner, you must provide written permission from the owner for you to use their unit
Students must provide their own required protective gear to include:
- Shatter-resistant eye protection
- Sturdy over the ankle footwear (non-canvas)
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long non-flare denim pants or equivalent protective material
- Full fingered gloves, preferably leather