Come Take the 3-Wheel Basic Course
If you want to ride a 3-wheel motorcycle, this course is the place to start. This 2-day course includes both classroom and on-range instruction giving you comfort with a 3-wheeler, whether a traditional trike (one wheel in front), or "reverse" trike (two wheels in front).
What Will I Do in the 3-Wheel Basic Course?
This 2-day course (16 hours) covers:
- Cornering and cornering judgment
- Stopping quickly
- Swerving to avoid obstacles
- Turns from a stop
- Limited space maneuvers
The MSF 3-Wheel Basic RiderCourse is designed to be a low-risk, effective, and enjoyable training event for people who have little or no riding experience on 3-wheel motorcycles.
What Are the Course Requirements?
Riders provide their own 3-wheel motorcycle. Your motorcycle needs to be:
- Street legal
- Registered and insured (bring proof of both)
- In good working order (must pass a visual safety inspection by the RiderCoach)
- If you are not the bike's owner, you must provide written permission from the owner for you to use their motorcycle
Students must provide their own required protective gear to include:
- Shatter-resistant eye protection
Sturdy over the ankle footwear (non-canvas)
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long non-flare denim pants or equivalent protective material
- Full fingered gloves, preferably leather